Zkarlo - EBay: Defective/Counterfeit Jawbone UP24 and Terrible Customer Service

I suspect the Jawbone UP24 I received is a counterfeit.In the US, there is only one size for headphone plugs and outlets.

The UP24 I received had a headphone plug that was, at most, two-thirds the size of a proper headphone plug. I know this for a fact because the "UP24" I ordered was for my mother and I compared the medium "UP24" I received to the small UP24 I already owned for myself, which works perfectly. In addition, the "UP24" I received did not power on, even after hours of charging. In sum, the "UP24" I received was both damaged and defective.

I sent multiple messages to zkarlo through eBay and only once did I receive a non-form response (the form responses merely directed me to fill out a return form), and in that one response zkarlo refused to accept responsibility for the 100% defective product it sold me.

I asked that shipping costs be covered for the return since I received what I believe to be a counterfeit item, but zkarlo ignored my requests by repeatedly replying with the exact same, word-for-word, message.

It is clear to me that zkarlo does not care about its customers or selling proper, working electronics.Buyer beware when you shop with zkarlo.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Jawbone Up24
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #629291 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Zkarlo? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 03, 2015 #979301

File a claim with Paypal and eBay. They are usually good with settling this.

May 03, 2015 #979383

Yes, I did. I posted this here more so that people could see what they'd be getting into if they did business with zkarlo.

May 02, 2015 #979197

There are actually two different plugs. A 3.5mm and a 2.5mm. The jawbone UP24 uses the 2.5mm.
Go through Paypal for your refund, Not ebay.

May 02, 2015 #979195

"In the US, there is only one size for headphone plugs and outlets."
Actually, No there is not. There is the "Standard" 3.5mm and then there is the 2.5mm.
UP24 uses the 2.5mm plug.
As for the device not working, If you used Ebay then you went through Paypal, Contact them for a refund.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.